Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tribute to BB
















How silly of me

Just finished reading 'Marley and Me' for the 2nd time with misty eyes

Damn I am turning into a sissy woman

The last few chapters whereby the dog was turning old and sickly

And of course eventually passing on never fails to get to me

We know that sometimes they just can never be truely replaced

They spent the biggest parts of their short little lives waiting for you to come home

But the most amazing thing of all

They teach you the art of unconditional love

Of enjoying the simple pleasures in life

They just come and leave such big holes in your hearts

Protecting you with their tiny teeth

Shielding you from harm with their little bodies

Consoling you and offering their lifetimes' worth of companionship

Licking your face dry from your tears

And breaking their legs just so they could jump onto that too-high bed

Just to be with you

I missed my dog.

No comments: